The following call was circulated on the LIS-WALES email discussion group today [10/01/13].
Kathleen Cooks was librarian of Llandudno from 1947 to 1973 who bequeathed a sum of money for the benefit of libraries and librarians in Wales. Interest generated by the bequest fund is available annually to support projects and developments. (Further information at http://www.cilip.org.uk/get-involved/regional-branches/wales-cymru/pages/kathleen-cooks-fund.aspx).
The Kathleen Cooks Fund is administered by a management committee consisting of the Officers of CILIP Cymru / Wales together with two independent members who represent public and academic / special libraries in Wales. Independent members are appointed to serve for two years.
This is a call for expressions of interest for two new independent panel members. Candidates interested in applying will:
- be a CILIP Member living or working in Wales
- not be a member of the CILIP Cymru Wales Executive Committee>
- work in a public, academic or special library. Members who have retired from work in these sectors will also be welcomed
- be willing and able to respond, within 2 working days, to any new Kathleen Cooks Fund submissions
Approximately ten awards are made each year. Submissions to the Fund are received throughout the year and are circulated to Management Committee members by email. Decisions are also made through email discussion and majority decision. There will be an annual meeting of the Management Committee, at which the annual report and accounts of the fund will be approved.
Administrative support for the Fund is provided by the CILIP Policy Officer (Wales). There is also an independent Treasurer for the Fund. Consequently, burdens generated by taking up this position will be light.
If you would like to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your:
- CILIP membership number,
- details of your current work position, or if retired, your previous work history, and
- a very brief summary of how you can contribute to the fair and efficient running of the award process.
Please apply by Friday 25th January 2013. If you would like further information about this request please do contact email@example.com .